The Lost Sierra Endurance Run is a 50- kilometer (32- mile) long foot race, highlighting some of the most incredible terrain and scenic beauty the northern Sierra has to offer. And it includes our favorite network of trails in the spectacular Lakes Basin Recreation Area. The racecourse starts in downtown Graeagle, climbs to the crest of the Sierra, skirts the edges of a half-dozen alpine lakes, summits two rugged peaks, and then descends 4,000’ back into Graeagle for the finish.
Route Highlights and Logistics:
- 50k course is 79% singletrack and 100% Beautifully Brutal
29k course is 90% singletrack
- 2 mountain peak ascents: Mills Peak (7,295’) and Mount Elwell (7,732’)
- 35 alpine lakes to run next to and view into
- 6 theme based aid stations, thoughtfully located
- Runners will vote on their favorite aid station. Winning aid station will recieve a prize.
- All racers will recieve a Patagonia event T-shirt
- Multiple bailout options
- Excellent access for race support and spectators
There are a total of 3 Time Checkpoints (14 miles, 21 miles and 27 miles). To ensure runner safety, and the sanity of our volunteer course marshals, runners are required to pass through designated Time Checkpoints within the limited timeframe, or they will be pulled from the race. Runners that are pulled will be directed to the nearest bail-out location along Gold Lake Highway for pick-up.
For 29K runners, there will be a shuttle to the race start at Round Lake trailhead. The 29K race starts at 10:00AM and racers must be ready for departure at 7:50AM. It is mandatory that racers use this shuttle, as there is no parking at the race start.